Lead Game Developer
We believe people want to create. Deep inside of them there is a burning desire to express their tremendous intelligence, passion, and creativity. We’re here to make that easy for them.
We are building a platform that enables people to collaboratively build 2D virtual worlds in real time and share them with ease. Our goal is to provide a tool that ultimately empowers our users to unleash their creativity, inducing in them a sense of brilliance. The limit to what you can create is bound only by your imagination.
As our Lead Game Developer, you will be developing features and systems alongside our Head of Product that fundamentally shape the platform. Our developers have a high level of ownership over their work and it’s important that you can plan and manage your work efficiently. As a lead, we expect you to solve challenging problems and use expert-level knowledge to drive new and innovative solutions.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop the map editor that enable players to create worlds from scratch
- Propose and champion improvements to the product and the engineering
- Write clean, sustainable code and create an extendable, scalable architecture
- Build modular systems and components
- Collaborate with the lead designer to align on the product vision
- Challenge yourself consistently to expand and improve your knowledge and skills
- Lead by example and champion the project’s culture and development
Your character build:
- 5+ years of experience in game development with Unity and C# (multiplayer experience preferred)
- Expert in Unity rendering pipelines and 2D best practices
- Knowledgeable in space, memory and rendering optimization in game development
- Has built and shipped product features in real-time applications
- Skilled with building editor tools
- Experienced in building plugins for engines like UE and Unity, libraries and APIs
- Familiar with web APIs and interfacing with web requests in Unity
- Experienced in building and deploying optimized WebGL builds
- Passionate about building tools that enable people to create more easily
- Focused on learning, guiding, collaboration, mentorship, and growth
Our bonus attributes:
- Dress: Wear whatever makes you feel most comfortable, PJs are also acceptable.
- Vacation: We operate on trust, thus we have an unlimited vacation policy.
- Flexibility: Work from home, office, coworking space, or beach.
- Wellness: We invest in your wellness, whether you want to focus on physical or mental health.
- Health: We’ve got you covered, comprehensive insurance is the name of the game.
- Team: Join our global team that enjoys cat memes and games!
- Salary: We’ll make sure you’re covered, so that you don’t have to stress about your finances.
- Funding: We are backed by the top VC’s in the space, including Solana Ventures, Crypto.com Capital, Griffin Gaming Partners, Animoca Brands, and more...
- Bureaucracy: We don’t like it either, we prefer direct communication and trust that in times of need we will support each other.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying